Charlie knows his freedom to roam now! The first night it took about 1 1/2 hours to finally get them sleeping. I read them books, sang songs, said prayers, tucked them in multiple times, and snuggled with them. Joey is always the one who falls asleep first! I tell Charlie-shhhh...Joey is sleeping now, so you need to be quiet and I tuck him in one more time and close the door. He then sings to himself, counts, or plays with his little rocketship until he falls asleep.
One night at about 12:30 am, Joey screamed super loud in his sleep! This woke up poor little Charlie and he started to cry. Thankfully all it took was for me to comfort him a little and he was back to sleep.
Another night as I was listening in on them I heard Joey say "Charlie I will read you a book, what book would you like me to read" and chitter chatter... Then Jeff went to check on them and Joey was fast asleep while Charlie was sitting next to him in Joey's bed crying! So Jeff tucked Charlie into his own bed.
I just love it when they interact together on their own, and actually get along! It is so cute how Joey talks to Charlie about sleeping in his big boy bed. I have noticed a difference in their relationship now. They are closer to each other. They joke around more..there is a lot more laughter!
One night at the supper table, it was Joey's turn to talk. We usually talk about what our favorite part of the day was. Joey said "I like it that Charlie is sleeping in my room now, because I love him." Um...MELT MYHEART!!!
Of course this process isn't without some frustrations. Tonight Charlie is sleeping in his crib because he just wouldn't settle down! I put him is crib and Joey was asleep within 5 minutes, and Charlie was asleep in about 10.
We will try it again next week! We are going to Turtle Lake this weekend-so that will be a totally different bedtime routine!

No comments:
Post a Comment