Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Blessing Number 3

Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
you formed me in my mother's womb.

I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking!

Body and soul, I am marvelously made!

I worship in adoration—what a creation!

You know me inside and out,

you know every bone in my body;

You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,

how I was sculpted from nothing into something.

Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;

all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
before I'd even lived one day.

Psalm 139; 13-16 (The Message)

I just love these verses. I think it is just so cool to think about God shaping an unformed body. Planning out every minute and every breath. Scuplting an amazing creation from nothing. God is the most talented artist I know! And to apply this to the baby growing right now. God has prepared all the days of his/her life. What an amazing surprise to look forward to.God is watching this baby grow, he is there for him/her from the beginning!

We are at about the 7 week mark right now. Just think. The baby's tiny heart is beating it's first beats right about now!!! God is there. bah bum, bah bum, bah bum, bah bum.


We have been trying for baby number 3 for about 5 months. For Joey, it took about 8 months and Charlie about 6. This time I used an application on my Droid phone to keep track of dates. (Called My Days) I started tracking in November. So every month I would take a test at about the time I thought I would get positive results.  Sometimes I get a little excited and take a test early. On April 20th I took the test and it was positive! This is amazing because it was 5 days earlier than most tests will have a valid result. It was the target brand home pregrancy test-cheap and accurate!

Some cool things about finding out so early:

1. I can cut down on my caffine intake. I normally drink 2.5 cups of coffee a day. Last month I weakend my coffee by mixing decaf in.

2. I can stop drinking my occasional beer or wine.

3. If I do feel tired-I don't have to feel guilty for taking a nap. One of the few symtoms I have had so far is being a little more tired than usual.

4. If I feel hungry I can eat more without feeling guilty. I have been sticking to the ZONE diet as much as possbile...with just a few cheats. For one 2 day hunger streak I ate Zone snacks and meals all day, and finally after supper I would feel full. I was even craving breakfast foods all day one day!

5. I can daydream and think about names and guess the sex of the baby.

6. So far I have also felt a little bit of pre-nesting. Getting the house organized, cleaning more that usual. (Which really isn't much)

7. When I babysit 6 month baby friend, I can imigine what it will be like next June!

8. We were able to announce the pregnancy on Mother's Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you focus on the positive, doodie. I am so happy for you I could just scream! I think your weed vs. flower lesson is a good marriage lesson as well, encourage and lift up each other, don't nag or point out flaws.

Katybella said...

Thanks doodie! So then scream!!! :) Good point about applying the weed lesson to marriage-focus on the beauty! Love u!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks Katy! vegasgrandpa likes this.

Amber said...

CONGRATS!!! SO exciting!!! I used to read blogs everyday and now I am just too busy.. But, cool to know you have one! Hope to run into you soon!!!

blessings,
Amber